How to help promote #HappyBirthdaySAWine
South Africa is the only country in the world that can accurately pinpoint the exact date of origin of its wine industry, due to a diary entry from 2 February 1659. Join us in celebrating South Africa’s Wine Birthday month, through sharing content on your social media platforms that encourage locals to get out into the regions, and inspires potential visitors across the globe, to come and experience the breadth and depth of world class wine tourism experiences on offer in Cape Town and the Western Cape.
Raise a glass and toast to 365 years of Award- Winning South African Wine
#HappyBirthdaySAWine, #ToUs #SAWineSince1659 and #DiscoverCTWC.
How do I participate?
- Add Friday 2 February 2024 to your events calendar and celebrate South Africa’s lasting wine legacy throughout the month!
- Use the SA Wine Birthday Logo to promote the birthday of South African wine’s proud and legendary legacy.
- Collaborate with vineyards, wine brands and routes to promote SA wine’s birthday.
- Invite your readers, fans, members and clients to share their favourite way to celebrate the birthday of South African wine.
- Plan your own #HappyBirthdaySAWine trips and tours to South African wine regions.
- Support winetasting events, winemaking demonstrations, educational workshops, special offers, and other activities in support of #HappyBirthdaySAWine
- On the evening of 2 February watch a virtual event celebration video on www.sawineharvest.co.za
- Share your own special celebratory events on social media – tag in @sawineharvest. Use the main hashtag #HappyBirthdaySAWine – in conjunction with #ToUs #SAWineSince1659 and #DiscoverCTWC.
Why is the celebration of SA Wine’s birthday so important?
The wine sector annually contributes R55 billion to the GDP and employs more than 265 000 people. By celebrating the birthday of the wine industry wine sales and wine tourism will receive a further boost.
WHERE DO I FIND THE LINK TO PROMOTIONAL ELEMENTS?
Industry members, wine enthusiasts, and supporters are hereby invited to share in the celebrations this February by making use of the free assets that were specially created to mark the occasion, including videos, maps, and artwork.